I must admit that narrowing down 10 of my favourite beauty products this year was pretty difficult, especially makeup as most of my favourites were limited editions. I have tried plenty of creams, cleansers etc and these products that I have listed as favourites are ones that I keep coming back to. I hope you find the mini reviews helpful – these are solely my opinions based on how I have found these products to perform over the course of the year. I would like to stress that the experience I’ve had with these products may not be the same for everyone, so I encourage you to try samples or test before buying.
- Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel – I use this whenever my complexion looks a little dull. It instantly adds radiance, bringing it back to life. My skin looks clear, healthy and more importantly, the texture of the peel leaves the skin somewhat moisturised which is very surprising result. Also the papaya smell is divine!
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – I’ve only tried a handful of concealers so my experience is a little limited however I have found the Nars concealer gives great coverage on dark circles and usually lasts around 8 hours on me. The creaminess of the concealer allows for seamless blending which is perfect if you’re in a rush.
- L’Oreal Everpure colour care shampoo – This year I have dyed my hair regularly from red, pink and now purple. Since discovering this shampoo earlier this year, I cannot trust my colour treated hair (and non coloured hair) with any other product. Its non-sulphate formula means it doesn’t strip your hair off its colour and instead protects it. The formula leaves the hair and scalp feeling super fresh. If you have coloured hair this will probably be a godsend shampoo.
- Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk – My husband was given this cleanser as a gift. He has sensitive skin and I have normal skin – now there’s probably some rule that says you should only use cleansers suited to your skin type (and I’ve probably tried them all) but nothing I have tried compares to this; It makes my skin super clean, radiant and the milkyness adds a film of moisture. Another HG item for me! 🙂
- GlamGlow Mud Mask – So everyone has gone on and on about this mud mask. To find out what the fuss was about, I bought the 15ml and you know what, it just adds a little something to the skin. I’ve had a clear and incredibly soft complexion as a result which lasts upto a few days. Only downside is the tingling when applied, but I guess that what makes it work the way it does.
- MAC “Poised” blush – It’s probably not fair of me to include a product that was a limited edition however I just wanted to share why this product was one that reached for so often this year. The colour is a couple of shades darker than my skin tone but not enough to use it to contour. It adds a real warmth to my cheeks, making my skin look very healthy. The ever so slight pink tone just makes it look so natural. I don’t think there’s been a day when I haven’t wished this was permanent – if anyone knows of a dupe, please share!
- Suqqu Balancing Eyebrow Palette – I bought this on a whim and I love it. I mix the two brown shades together to get the perfect colour, the powder is super soft, as are the brushes. The powder is long wearing and if you have a medium skintone with yellow undertones, the lightest shade gives a FLAWLESS look when applied under the brows. Really makes your brows pop.
- Elemis Quiet Mind Temple Balm – If there is one product you should try, its this. The smell is divine and if I’ve had a stressful day or can’t sleep, I apply this to my wrists and its instant calm. Something about the smell just makes me feel relaxed, like I’m at a spa. Also helps me knock out pronto!
- No.7 Beautiful Day cream – Not life-changing but this cream gives great moisture and has made my skin healthy and balanced – great moisturiser underneath makeup and one product that I use frequently.
- Nars “Heatwave” semi matte lipstick – Fab colour (orange red) – I’ve worn this tons all year, especially over the summer. The formula is comfortable and quite hydrating. This is probably my favourite lipstick formula!
What are your favourite products of 2013?